Sunday 22 March 2015

Improvements


Things are continuing to go well on the training front. I'm still getting small PBs with weight training and the other day after doing intervals whereby the steady sections were 9mm pace and the 2 minute fast sections were down to 7mm pace, I was over the moon when Graeme announced that they were the speeds he would do intervals at prior to his injury. Of course, he would run at 7mm for a mile so I'm not exactly at his speed but it's a step in the right direction isn't it?

Today I did a 24 mile run/walk and for the first time in my life felt a long run was actually comfortable. I never thought it would happen!!! I aimed for my ultra race pace of 5 mph and achieved ever so slightly faster and wasn't even tired when I got home. Nothing is aching either, despite my back being very sore all weekend from my deadlift PB on Friday. I'm hoping this means things are improving and it wasn't a fluke. Graeme seems to think it's definitely not a fluke and the 90 miles I did 4 weeks ago was almost like a fab training run for what I've got to do in May.

I've done a bit of research into sleep deprivation and had some advice from William on rest periods and I'm just hoping I'm the sort of person who goes to these big races and doesn't need 8 hours of sleep each night! I suppose I'm not going to know until I'm there!

And it almost went unnoticed (someone posted on Facebook last week they had been without alcohol for 60 days which made me count how long I've been without)... I have been teetotal for over 90 days now. I think that's why I'm feeling so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment