Sunday 8 March 2015

Recovering


I ended up with flu last week. It was so bad I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. It was probably because I had gone into the race off the back of a cold and never quite recovered before battering myself running for 24 hours.
I tried to run on Wednesday but felt pretty terrible so left it until today. I have spent so long running inside (prepping myself for an indoor race) so going outside was great but harder due to the fact it was very windy. I really enjoyed it though. I tried out my new Bose headphones (which are fab) and ran/walked for an hour. The chest and heart rate were not back to normal but I felt so much better than I have been, so on Tuesday I should be able to get back to my training programme.

Apparently my programme is changing and I have been advised I'll need to be fit for the changes. I know I'm to do a sort of "training camp" a month before New York whereby I run all weekend in between stopping to eat and sleep. If all goes well I will actually be turning up to a race well trained. I'm guilty of rocking up to these things on hardly any training and Graeme said today he thinks I'll do really well if I actually do my training properly. I'm looking forward to giving it all a go. Next stop Born to run 40 miler in Llanelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment