Sunday 21 June 2015

Beyond knackered!


I've had a really good week of training. I started the week with the goal of getting 3 training PBs by Sunday and I'm happy to say I got 6 instead. I managed to do better at most of my training sessions, including hang cleans, squats and deadlifts. It was a pure accident with the deadlift PB as I hadn't planned on it at all. I accidentally put an extra 2.5KG on the bar for my 3 sets of 15 reps with approx 50% of my 1 rep max PB. I called myself a few names wondering why I was struggling so much until I moved the weight off the bar at the end! Doh!

I attempted my "fastest ever" 1.5 miles on Saturday (with a back that ached like hell I may add!) and did it in 11.49. Now, I know that isn't so fast for some people but when I was 20 I had to pass this in the navy at a time of 13 minutes 30 seconds and literally scraped it by a few seconds. So... Not all people slow down with age ;-)

Today I planned my 15 mile (quite hilly) route and was gutted that there was 20mph winds. I wore 4KG of XL and was delighted to get a PB by 2 minutes and 40 seconds. My PB on this route without XL is now only 1 minute and 50 seconds faster... So, that should be achievable to break I think.

I got home afterwards however and could barely move. Not only is my back really sore with DOMS but my stomach and whole core is aching like hell too. After a 5 mile walk with the dogs I can confirm I'm beyond knackered and have had to miss my last exercise of the day (farmers walk). Thank god tomorrow is a rest day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment