Sunday 31 May 2015

Kit and kaboodle


I've learnt a lot during the 3 days at the fair race, and I've learnt a lot since.
Turns out I may not be "as" terrible in heat as originally thought and the glare of the sun may also be quite a big factor. After answering a few questions William emailed to me, I realised that sometimes if it is hot but dull weather I'm not as affected by it as much as I am if the sun comes out.

So, with this in mind, I have bought a couple of caps with a neck shield, I am considering also getting a wide brimmed hat for the same reason. I've got a long sleeved loose fitting white tech top and I've also tried out a skort today (first impressions were ok, I'm trying to avoid the irritating knicker line that shorts have).

I joined Strava (so I can log the longer type runs as Fetch doesn't really accommodate this facility as much) and I've finally looked properly at the stats of my race. I think getting faster isn't as much a priority... Becoming more consistent is more important. I need to stick to my run/walk ratios longer than I do. I know I can do this, it will just take practice and perseverance!

I did an interview with Runners for Life in India and it was emailed to me today. Feels very weird doing an interview... I don't quite feel worthy of it all. Makes me want to do better next time!!!
I went on my first run since the race today and it felt good apart from the last part which was uphill into a headwind. My feet are mostly back to being fine but I have issues with the big blister on the ball of my foot and the skin it has left. I've been lucky though as I know a lot of people have had foot pain after the race and mine went away very quickly. I've started reading "Fixing your feet" again and now that I know callused feet don't work I'm going to try the super soft feet... We shall see how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment