Monday 7 July 2014

Starting this week...


Training has not gone how it should. I haven't had the time or the inclination after working on my own at work for a week and a half while my BC is on holiday. I've also been having the odd glass of wine... no problem you may think (it's not like I'm drinking to excess) but alcohol and training don't go well together for me, no matter how small the amount.

We went to London at the weekend and it was our sort of "blow out" before everything gets back on track. Graeme only has one more week at home before he's back to work and he will be starting a bit of training too after getting on really well since coming off crutches.

So, we are both back on the alcohol free wagon... to be fair, it isn't really as though I have enjoyed having the odd glass of wine or champers... I feel like my body doesn't get quite the kick out of it that it used to.

Today is officially the "rest day", so we are going to do a few bits and bobs that need doing before Graeme goes back to work, and then I start properly tomorrow. I have found a hatha hot yoga class which I start at the end of July. I'm looking forward to that as I've been looking for one for a considerable time.

This weekend I will be going back to long run/walks on the Sunday and will be doing some of the tough coastal stuff so I can be prepared for Sebbys' race in August. The decline running has helped my knee enormously, so I'm not concerned at getting ITB issues during her race now, but the very hilly tough terrain where I live will enable me to be a better pacer for her, so I'm looking forward to giving that a go too!

No comments:

Post a Comment